Thursday, April 28, 2016

Jehovah Mekadesh

I did it! I finished! And, so did almost 200 women here in San Antonio! I'm so proud of us. 

What did we finish you ask? Well I, along with approximately 200 of my closest friends, have completed a 13 week study on the names of God. That's right. We completed our study and we are celebrating. We are gathering this week to have a Mississippi pot luck celebration (That means lots of great food and fellowship.) We will share stories of what we have experienced during this study. We will laugh about some of the things God has taught us, and we will cry about others. One of the parts that thrills me most is that some of the women I'm celebrating with are celebrating the completion of their FIRST Bible study. I. Could. Just. Cry. With. Joy. Those women inspire me and make me smile.

What about you? Have you spent some time in a Bible study recently? Are you allowing Jehovah Mekadesh access to your life? Jehovah Mekadesh is one of the names of God which means, "The Lord who sanctifies you". Sanctification is also known as "growing in Christ" or "spiritually maturing". God doesn't just want us to believe in Him. He wants us to live an abundant life here on earth and that comes through sanctification. We will miss out on that abundant life if we miss out on sanctification.

I'm celebrating this week, but I'm also planning. I'm planning my next Bible study. I'm going to study Faith, Hope and Love this summer. What are you going to study?

Lord, Thank you for Your Word. Thank you that you not only sent Your Son to die for me, but You also gave me the Bible to learn how to be a better person and live an abundant life. You are a good, good Father. In the precious name of Jesus ~ AMEN.

For a deeper study read and journal/discuss what God teaches you in the following verses:
  • Leviticus 20:7-8
  • Isaiah 6: 1-8
  • Matthew 23: 25-28
  • Hebrews 12:14
  • 2 Timothy 2: 20-21
  • Hebrews 12: 1-2

No comments: