Thursday, April 7, 2016

Our Provider

I have had Bible studies in my home where I've also provided meals for the people attending. Many times I did not think we would have enough food, and yet there were leftovers at the end of the night.

There have been days in my life when I just knew I would not have enough money to pay the bills, and yet somehow I was able manage to stay out of the collections departments.

There have been many days where I've been ministering to someone hurting where I didn't have the words to say, and yet by God's grace I said just what was needed to bring comfort.

Most weeks I feel as if there is not enough time in the day to get what I need to get accomplished for my family, and yet somehow it all falls in place.

God is an amazing provider. He is indeed Jehovah Jireh, Provider. I believe all of the above circumstances above are examples of how He has provided in my life. He can multiple food right in front of our eyes without us ever seeing it. He can stretch our finances to cover all of our bills. He can even provide the words we speak when we are leaning into Him for His help.

I bet there are times when you can look back at your life and say without a doubt you made it through a financial crisis or a difficult situation because the Lord provided. And if we know how well He does provide, then why to we worry about the future or situations in the present? Hind sight is 20/20, and I think some days we need to just remember where we've come from and what we've walked through.

What if today instead of worrying about your needs you decided to just start thanking God for the provisions He has coming for you?

What if today instead of doubting you will be able to take the next step, that you starting looking for how God was providing?

Lord, thank you for your awesome provisions. You are an amazing provider in all ways and in all areas of our lives. Forgive us when we have missed giving You credit for what You have provided in our lives. You are loved and adored. You are a good, good Father. In Jesus' Name ~ AMEN.

For a deeper study read the following and journal what God teaches you about how He provides:

  • Luke 5: 1-11
  • Genesis 22: 1-19


No comments: