Thursday, April 14, 2016

The Lord Who Heals

I was asked this week what it's really like to be a Women's Pastor. As I thought about my response tears filled my eyes. What an incredible honor it is for me, an imperfect woman, to serve Him. Some days I feel like I've got a back stage pass to see God working. It's incredible to watch God work in the lives of others. I don't doubt for one minute that He is still in the miracle business. I see His thumbprints on things all the time. He is indeed Jehovah Rapha, The God Who Heals.
I've seen marriages healed because of God; marriages that were facing divorce that are now better than they ever have been. To God be the glory!!
I've seen women overcome defeated lives through The Healer; lives that were once in jail, but now are walking in complete freedom - freedom in Christ and freedom from jail! Oh, Lord You amaze me!
I've prayed for babies and sick children thinking it was their time to go to heaven, but Jehovah Rapha had other plans. Praise to the Ultimate Physician!
I've seen family relationships that were broken become restored because God healed the hearts of those that were hurting. Lord, You are worthy of praise!
Are you in need of some sort of healing today? Maybe it's physical healing you seek. Maybe the healing you are after is healing of a broken heart. Or, maybe the healing you seek is with a relationship. He is able. He loves you! He is in the miracle business. Turn to Jehovah Rapha and ask for healing!
Lord, thank you for allowing me to have a back stage pass to watch You work. I'm constantly amazed at what You do in my life and in the lives of others. Oh, that our nation would turn to you and seek healing from The Healer. Help me never forgot what I have seen and experienced as I've walked with you on this great adventure. I give you all the glory and honor and praise! In the precious Name of Jesus ~ AMEN!
For a deeper study ready and discuss or journal about the following verses:
  • Exodus 15:22-27
  • Psalm 147:3
  • Jeremiah 3:21-22
  • Isaiah 26:3
  • 2 Chronicles 7:14
  • Psalm 41:3

No comments: