Monday, June 13, 2016

Faith

Hebrews 11:6 says without faith it is impossible to please God.

Impossible - that's a loaded word. It is IMPOSSIBLE to please God without faith. You can love others and do all kinds of good works, but without faith you can't please God. You can cook casseroles for your sick neighbors every day until you die, but without faith it is impossible to please God. You can give all your money to charity, but without faith you can't please God. It's impossible -unimaginable, unattainable, unworkable - to please God unless you have faith in Him.

You know what else I know about FAITH? I know that faith comes in different sizes. In Matthew 8 there is a Roman officer that was noted as having GREAT faith, and Jesus was blessed by his great faith. But, also in Matthew 8 Jesus wonders why the Disciples have little faith when they were scared of the weather that was rocking their boat. Jesus also mentioned in Matthew 17 what faith the size of an itty, bitty mustard seed would do for you.

Faith also acts like a shield for Christians according to Ephesians 6:10-17. What does our faith help us shield? It helps us shield the lies throw at us by the devil himself. All shields are used to stop the offensive measures of the enemy.

Faith is important to me. It's also important to God. In 1 Corinthians 13 God tells us that 3 things will last forever, and one of those is faith. With that in mind, where is your faith?

Is your faith in your money? I sure hope not because I've been to a lot of funerals and I can tell you that money and possessions don't really matter at the end of your life.

Is your faith in those you love around you? I have some AMAZING family members and friends, but if I was completely honest with you they've let me down at some point or another. And, I'm pretty sure I've let others that I dearly love down as well.

Have you considered putting your faith in Jesus Christ? The Bible tells us that we've all sinned (Romans 3:23). The Bible also tells us that God sent Jesus Christ to die for us even though He knew we were sinners. (Romans 5:8) It also says that if we believe in Jesus with our hearts we will be saved. (Romans 10:9) And then in Romans 5:1, it says something so sweet to my hears and my heart and that is, "We have been made right with God by FAITH."

I hope your faith is in Jesus Christ. Not because it pleases me, but because it pleases God.

Lord, thank you for sending Jesus to die for each of us. The more I study Your Word the more amazed I am at how much you love us. You are truly and indescribable God. Help me to live out a life of faith. In the precious name of Jesus ~ AMEN.

For a deeper study on FAITH, read Hebrews 1 and also the stories from the Bible giants of faith found in Hebrews 1. Journal/discuss what God tells you in their faith stories.

No comments: