Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Be Still

I am in a busy season of life.   I have a precious husband and precious kids.  Those precious people want food several times each day and clean laundry from time to time. (Weirdos!) And, because those precious kids don't drive cars yet, (Lord, help me make it to the years when they can drive themselves to their schools, practices, sleepovers, etc.!!) I spend many hours each week playing chauffeur.  Oh the places we go....and go..and go...and go.  I think my middle name should be Go most days.  And, did I mention that I'm a full time Pastor?  OK, just saying that makes me want to take a nap.  My life is BUSY!

One thing I've learned in this busy season is that momma needs her gas tank filled up, or her busy life will cause her to run out of gas very quickly.  And, running out of gas is not pretty.  It can result in being easily angered, depression, and lots of negative feelings.  So how does one fill up their gas tank?  It starts by being still and remembering that there is a God that loves us and wants a relationship with us.  Being still before God is not an option for a Christian, it is a must.  Psalm 46:10 says, "Be still and know that I am God."  It does not say, "If you want to be still, you can."  

  • When are you still before God?
  • Do you need to put an appointment on your calendar to remind you to be still before God?

Lord, help us to never be so busy that we forget to look up.  There are so many beautiful reminders of your love for us in this world. Thank you for my husband, my children, and my opportunity to be a Pastor.  I love the blessings in my life, but I never want them to come before you.  Thank you so much for your precious Son.  It's in His Name I pray ~ Amen.


No comments: