Friday, February 13, 2015

Obedience for The Love!!!

I like hanging out with my friends.  God made me a very social woman, and sitting with my peeps laughing and chatting about life is one of my favorite things to do.  There's not many things in this life better than sitting with friends you love and just being yourself.  Sometimes we laugh, and sometimes we cry.  I love those that make me "leak" in one way or another.  (Those women that are post child bearing years will understand the leaking part more than others.)  Friendship is important to all of us, and I am confident God calls us to have godly relationships.  So you can imagine my confusion when God asked us this year to move our kids to a new school away from our friends.

The Blakeslees will be sending our children to a new school in the fall of 2015.  Just typing those words freaks me out a bit.  It's different.  It's uncomfortable.  I don't have a momma support group at this new school.  I don't even remember the name of the principal for the love of Pete.  A big part of me just wants to just say "NOOOOOO!", but my heart cries out to me to be obedient to Him.

When I look back on life I can tell you the best days I've lived so far are when I've been obedient to what God has called me to do.  And of course, the worst days - the days when I've simply made a mess of things - are when I've been disobedient to what God wanted me to do.  Obedience is important.  It's not how we are saved because I believe we are saved by faith alone, but I'm confident it is through obedience that we grow in our faith and we receive more joy than we can ever imagine in our lives.  

John 14:21a says, "The one who has My commands and keeps them is the one who loves Me.  And the one who loves Me will be loved by My Father."  Obedience to God's commands comes from the heart. Obedience shows our trust in our Creator.  Obedience shows the motives by which we live. Obedience is the key to loving Christ and growing in His love.

This should prove to be an interesting year for my family.  I admit, I'm anxious about what lies ahead.  I'm not living in fear, but yet anxious of the unknown.  But I know that in that unknown lies new friends, new blessings, and great opportunities to share our faith.  It's likely that I'll be shedding some tears as we walk through this change, but I have to do so out of love for Him.  His plans for me are so good.  His plans for my children are so much better than what I can imagine.  I just have to be obedient for those good plans to come to pass.

  • Is there at time that you chose to obey when it didn't make sense and God blessed you abundantly through your obedience?
  • In what areas do you need to cast your anxiety on Him and experience His care for you?

Lord, thank you that you love me enough to make me uncomfortable.  I am the clay and you are the potter.  I want to be obedient to you so you can mold me into the woman you want me to be.  I trust you with my whole heart.  Forgive me for when I have not obeyed.  In the precious name of Christ I pray, Amen.







No comments: