Wednesday, September 2, 2015

I Want My Inheritance!

If someone tried to take away an inheritance left to you by your deceased father my guess is that you would fight for your inheritance. It would make sense that you would seek possession for what is rightfully yours. I mean, if your father owned something (land, bank accounts, boats, cars, etc) then he passed away and left you those items, why would you walk away from your inheritance? I bet you would not.

As a Christian, you are a child of the King of Kings. While part of our inheritance is eternal life in heaven, much of our inheritance is here on this side of eternity.  John 10:10 says that Jesus came to give us an abundant life, but it also says in that same verse that Satan has come to try to steal, kill and destroy this abundant life that is rightfully yours! What a jerk!

Jesus left you with peace.  Are you living a peace-filled life?

Jesus left you joy.  Are your days filled with joy?

Jesus left you the Holy Spirit.  Do you listen to Him and walk His path instead of your own?

Jesus left you with the ability to do great works. What have you done in the name of Jesus this week for His Glory?

Are you living the abundant life that is rightfully yours? Is today the day you need to tell Satan to go to hell and start fighting back for the abundant life Jesus died for you to have? It's your inheritance in Him. Take your first punch!

Jesus - Oh how eternally thankful I am that you loved me enough to die for me on a Cross and then rose to life again giving me not only eternal life but also an inheritance that is beyond amazing. I pray my life will forever bring glory and honor to your name. ~ Amen

For a deeper study read the following scriptures and make notes of what God tells you about your inheritance in Him:

  • Galatians 5: 22-23
  • Romans 7: 1-4
  • Galatians 4
  • John 14:12
  • John 15:5
  • Ephesians 1:10-14
  • John 3:16-17


No comments: