Wednesday, September 30, 2015

Fear, We're Done!

"There is a world around me that is one conversation away from a change of eternity and that's why the Church exists." ~ Chris Hodges

What stops us from sharing the unconditional love of Jesus with other people? Why do we not engage in conversations with others outside the walls of the church each week in hopes to point them to our Amazing God? I think it's fear. I think some of us are scared we won't say the right thing. I think some of us are scared we will be rejected. I think some of us fear we won't know the answer to their questions, while others are scared of what other people will think about us. Fear is a jerk and keeps us paralyzed. 

Fear hangs out with the devil.  You see the devil is the father of lies and he sends those lies our way on a regular basis. But we Christians don't have to put up with it.  The truth of the matter is that the most repeated command in the Bible is "do not fear". Our God did not give us a spirit of fear! Our God said we can do all things through Christ Jesus. And, in Romans it says if our God is for us, who can be against us? 

So really, if our God is for us then who can be against us?  Huh, nobody I can think of is big enough for that task. I can't think of anything or anyone that can stand up to The Creator - my Father. 

I'm going to break up with Fear.  He's lied to me and made me think that Jesus can't use me. Well, not this week mister. I'm going to listen to my Father. I'm going to do share God's love with others whether Fear likes it or not. Fear can kiss my grits.

Lord, help me to be your hands and feet and mouth. I know sometimes I'm one conversation away from a change in someones eternity and I don't want that person to miss out on Your Love because I'm scared for dumb reasons. I love you, Jesus. Your unconditional love is amazing and I should share it with everyone. Help me with this, Lord.  - In Jesus' name, Amen.

For a deeper study look up the following verses and journal what God teaches you through His Word:
  • Romans 8: 31 - 39
  • 2 Timothy 1: 5 - 8
  • Philippians 4: 6 - 7
  • Psalm 56:3
  • Psalm 91
  • Joshua 1:9


No comments: