Monday, March 30, 2015

My Death Penalty Has Been Paid

I don't know one person that is perfect including myself.  Not one!  I know some pretty good people - some Pastors, leaders in our community, Doctors, grandmothers, grandfathers, teachers, etc. - but none of them are perfect. While I would guess that a lot of my friends, if not all, try to live a perfect life, I see them fall short of perfection.  We all sin at some point.

I believe there is a God that created the world and He is perfect.  He created a perfect world and put people in the world because He wanted a relationship with us.  He gave us free will because He wanted a relationship and friends, and not robots. We humans took that free will and made bad choices.  We brought sin into the perfect world that God had created, and the wages of sin are death. We will all die one day because we are not perfect.  Statically one out of every one person dies - just my observation.

I also believe God is a loving God.  He doesn't want His children, His creations, to die an eternal death separated from Him. He loved us so much that He sent His Son, Jesus, to die for us.  Jesus' death paid the price for my sin and for your sin.  My debt has been paid and I'm forever thankful.  I got a get out of jail free card.  I get to go to heaven not because of anything that I have done, but because of everything He has done for me! It is a gift! It is a gift that is offered to everyone, although not everyone accepts the gift. Some people just go on trying to live perfectly.  But no one ever lives perfectly.  Some claim they can, but they are lying.  And, I should mention that lying is a sin.  

This week I will celebrate what the world knows as Easter, and I know it to be the celebration of the Resurrection of Jesus Christ.  I have reason to celebrate.  I was headed for hell, but Jesus Christ saved me.  Jesus was beaten for my sins.  He was punished for my transgressions. It was the punishment I deserved, not Him.  It was me that should have died on that cross, not Him.  I would be thrilled if someone paid a speeding ticket for me, and Jesus paid my death penalty!!! I have reason to celebrate, and celebrate I will.   I want to invite you to come and celebrate with me.

If you live in San Antonio, please come celebrate with us at Community Bible Church. If you don't live in San Antonio, you can still join us. We will be airing our celebration online!  Here's the information:


Community Bible Church
2477 North Loop 1604
San Antonio, Texas 78232

Service Times:


    • Friday, April 3rd at 7pm
    • Saturday, April 4th at 5pm
    • Sunday, April 5th at 9am, 10am, 11am, 11:30 am, 1pm
    • Iglesia CBC Espanol - Sunday, 1pm

Online at communitybible.com

If you would like to accept God's free gift of salvation today, know you can do so by praying to Him and asking for forgiveness of your sins.  Here's an example prayer:

Jesus, I know that I'm a sinner, but I know you died for my sins.  Please forgive me of my sins and help me to live for you.  Please fill me with your Holy Spirit.  Help me to read Your Word, the Bible, and do what it says.  In the precious name of Jesus I pray, Amen.

For additional research and reading:

  • Isaiah 53:4-10
  • Romans 3:23, 3:10-18, 6:23, 5:8, 10:9, 10:13, and 5:1
  • Matthew 24 - 28


No comments: