Monday, January 9, 2012

"On Your Feet. Get Moving!"

Monday and it's raining. There's nothing else I'd rather do on a Monday when it's raining than to just stay in my bed and sleep.  But there's work to be done.  There's laundry that won't wash itself.  There's dishes that just don't jump out the the dishwasher into my cabinet.  There are kids that want to eat, and like three times a day!! There's no time to rest. Mondays seem so harsh.

After starting all my chores this morning I sat down to read from the Message Bible.  I've decided to read the entire Message version of the Bible this year.  (You should consider this.  It's a great way to read the whole Bible!)  Today I was reading about Abram who was later called Abraham.  I can't wait to meet him and his wife when I get to heaven.  We know from scriptures that Abram was a man of faith.  In Genesis 12 God promised Abram that he would be a great nation.  Abram had faith in God and did what He said.  When God told Abram to move, he did.  God wanted to bless him, but to get that blessing he had to move.  As a matter of fact, God told him in Genesis 13:17, "on your feet, get moving!"

"On your feet.  Get moving."  God had blessings for Abram but in order to get those blessings he had to get moving.  He couldn't sit still.  He had to do as God said.  He couldn't just sit there and wait.  He had to go get them.

I think it's interesting that on a day that I want to crawl back in the bed, I read, "on your feet, get moving!"  Nothing will stop if I stay in bed all day.  I could do there laundry tomorrow and my kids could fix themselves cereal to eat.  But if God has blessings for me today, I don't want to miss it!  I don't know what they are, but I hear Him whispering to me, "on your feet, get moving!"  I want those blessings from my Savior. 

Now I'm fired up about my day.  I can't wait to see what God does in my life today and this week.  It's giving me a new perspective about Monday.  Today is the day the Lord has made and He has a blessing waiting for me.  Now that I think about it, He has already blessed me.  My family woke up healthy and got off to school and work safely.  It is raining and we sooooo desperately need rain in San Antonio.  My son gave me some extra hugs this morning.  I'm so glad I didn't miss that to stay in bed and rest! 

Lord, Bring on the blessings!  I'm ready for this day Lord.  I'm ready to walk through this day and the rest of my life for you.  Sometimes in my humanness it's tough to get going.  But I know you have great things in mind for me Lord.  So today I choose not to lay around but to get on my feet and get moving.  Today I choose your will for me, Lord!  Thanks for the many, many, many blessings this day will bring! ~ Amen

No comments: