Thursday, June 4, 2009

Romans Beauty Treatment To Begin Soon!

Ahhh...Summer. A little more relaxed. A little more time with the ones I love. There's a lot to enjoy during the summer...swimming, the beach, vacations. One thing I don't enjoy during the summer is getting away from my typical Bible study routine. Each summer, I always make a commitment to study the Bible, but it never works out like I plan. It's easy for us moms to get caught up in entertaining and caring for our families, so much so that we forget about caring for ourselves! OK, so now you're probably saying, "How does bible study relate to caring for myself?!??!!" Well, Bible study is the best way we can care for ourselves. It can put more glow on your face than any Avon, Mary Kay, or Cover Girl product. I'm convinced that it is even better than exercise. (1 Timothy 4:8 “Physical training is good, but training for godliness is much better, promising benefits in this life and in the life to come.”) I look better when I have a good dose of the Bible. AND, I act better when I've had a good dose of the Bible. (I can hear my husband saying, "Amen to that!" HA!)

So what about you? What are your summer Bible study plans? Why don't we hold each other accountable for staying in God's Word this summer?

I'm making a commitment today. I'm going to read and study the book of Romans this summer. I've read this book before, but I want to go back through it again... a little deeper...think about it a little more. Starting Monday, June 15th, I will post my thoughts and findings on 2 chapters of Romans a week. I would love it if you would let me know your thoughts and findings too. Comment back or shoot me an email. (stephieb@swbell.net) Just think how beautiful we will be by the end of the summer if we do this!!

6 comments:

Brooks, Bees, and Bubbles! said...

Wow, great analogy for beauty! :)I don't know what I will contribute on this but I will follow. Great idea, Steph, and a faithful way to use the talent God placed in you!

Jenn said...

I'm going to try my very best to do this with you! Sounds great Stephanie!!

Leti OBrien said...

Stephanie this is great. This comes at I time in my life where I really need this. Thanks for bringing us closer to the Lord. You are a blessing!

Becky said...

Ok, I'll give it a try!

Kristi Ingram said...

This is such a wonderful idea. I will try to keep up. Hope all is well!

Bobbi said...

I don't know if you get these blogs on older messages but I'm finally catching up with my summer. It's tough getting Matt (and me ready) to send him off to college. Anyway, I've finally jumped into your blog and like to share what I got out of Romans 1 and 2. I do realize that my faith or lack thereof is fear based on my pitiful performance and inadequacies and then am re-encouraged when I allow God to take the reins back. I am so glad to know that He is God the Almighty, the powerful one, who does no wrong, who knows the plan, who is holy and that He is God and not me!