Thursday, May 21, 2009

The Wal-mart Commercial

Last night and this morning I saw a Wal-mart commercial that reminded me that the kids are getting out of school soon and summer time is here. It said in the commercial "It's summer. Our kids are ours again." I'm so excited about that. I love that I can sleep past 5:30 am during the summer. I love that I don't have to hear my kids saying "do we have to get up" each day. I love taking them to the library and to the movies. I love the time I get to spend with them during the summer. It's a lot more work for me, but the pay is good. I get all the hugs and kisses I can ask for!

The bible says that children are a gift from the Lord. Since I lost two babies before I had Leanna eight years ago, I can tell you that is so true. What a precious gift my kids are to me! But in all this excitement about summer, I also realized that I have a lot of responsibility this summer. After all, my kids will learn from me all summer. Eating habits, exercise habits, bible study habits, dealing with relationships...all these things my kids are learning from me. YIKES! If that doesn't freak a parent out I don't know what will!! HA! I'm so imperfect. I have so many faults. Boy, do I need Jesus' help. I don't want to mess up the gifts He gave me!

I'm sure in August I'll be saying, "WHEN DOES SCHOOL START!", but until then I'm going to enjoy my kids, and the work that goes along with them. I'm going to pray each day for Jesus to help me teach my kids the right way to live. I'm going to eat broccoli in front of them and tell them it's good. I'm going to go bike riding with them and tell them how important it is that we get outside and get moving. And I'm certainly going to study the bible with them and in front of them so they will see how important the bible is to their mom.

Proverbs 22:6 Train a child in the way he should go, and when he is old he will not turn from it.

Jesus, help me to teach my kids Your ways and NOT mine!

2 comments:

Jenn said...

What a wonderful post and an awesome reminder!! You are such a blessing to me Stephanie. Keep these posts coming!

I love you!!

Jenn

Stephanie Blakeslee said...

Back at ya Jennifer! You're a special friend for me too. THANKS for reading my blog! I'm doing a blogging bible study on Romans this summer. More info to follow soon!