Monday, April 6, 2009

He is risen!

Matthew 28:5The angel said to the women, "Do not be afraid, for I know that you are looking for Jesus, who was crucified. 6He is not here; he has risen, just as he said.

1 Cor. 15:55 O death, where is your victory? O death, where is your sting?

This is an excellent week for me to be celebrating Easter. It seems as though I'm surrounded by the thoughts of death. As I type these words, 2 of my uncles lay on what appears to be at this time their death beds. My heart breaks for my aunts and my cousins.

And there's been illness in my family. My mother in law is having more problems with her liver. Bless her. She's never experienced serious health issues and this has us all wondering what the Lord has for us next.

And then there's Oakley. Oakley is our 13 year old lab. I became his mom when I married Dean over 10 years ago. He has liver cancer and is not doing well. He's such a wonderful pet. He's smart and loves us all so much. It tough to watch him go through this.

It would be so easy for me to be down this week. But God keeps reminding me what this week is all about. CHRIST ROSE FROM THE DEAD! He did. He really, really did. He paid for our sins. For my sins. For my uncle's sins. For everyone's sins. All we have to do is accept His GIFT to us and follow Him. Isn't that amazing?!?!?! And he doesn't care when you accept the gift....as a child or on your death bed...it doesn't matter. You just have to accept it. Amazing. Amazing love. Amazing grace.

Death, where is your sting? Oh, I believe my Savior took it away!!!!

Praise you Father!

No comments: