Tuesday, March 31, 2009

It's Tough Being A Woman!

Last week I finished a Beth Moore bible study on the book of Esther. It's subtitle was "It's Tough Being A Woman". It was a great study and I would suggest it to any of my girlfriends looking for a good book to study. God used Beth to relay messages from the book of Esther on many subjects we women need to talk about and think about. Each week I learned something new! Today I will meet my bible study group for our traditional "we've finished another study luncheon". It's a good time to reflect on what we've learned and fellowship together.

As I prepare to meet my bible study girlfriends, I can't help but think about all their prayer requests during the last few weeks. Requests for salvation for family members. Requests for financial stress relief during this economy. Requests for healing of estranged relationships. Requests for physical healing. Many, many, many requests. And all these issues added to the typical roles we women play each day. Cook, nurse, driver, umpire, business woman, mentor, friend, wife, mom. Wow! I'm amazed at the women in my group and all that women go through.

I was also thinking about how great it is being a women. I love being a mom. I love being a wife. I love being in control of the menu in my house! I love hanging with the girlfriends. I love women's jewelry. I love the emotions God has given women. I love the passion God has given women. There are so many benefits to being a woman.

It is tough being a woman, but praise God I get the experience!

No comments: