Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Absense makes the heart grow fonder.

It's an old saying. "Absense makes the heart grow fonder." Silly old saying. I'm learning this week that it's true. Dean has been in India on a business trip since last Thursday. Today he began his 2 day trip back to our home. He will be here tomorrow, but it seems light years away. I miss him so bad. I hope he had a great time visiting Singapore and India, but I want him home. Why is it that I feel like a piece of me is gone?

God helped me answer that this week through my Beth Moore bible study this week. Beth brought up Genesis 3: 16 in her recorded session. "To the woman he said, "I will greatly increase your pains in childbearing; with pain you will give birth to children. Your desire will be for your husband, and he will rule over you." Interesting. Very interesting. Now, this is an opinion, but it was a little glimpse of why I might be so sad when Dean is not here. Besides the fact that God joined us together as one through our marriage, God's word says a woman's desire will be for her husband. It also explains why his opinion means so much to me.

While I am thankful for that desire for my husband, I am also mindful not to take it to far. I don't want my identity to be in my husband. My identity should be in Christ Jesus alone. He should be my all and all.

This has been in my thoughts all this week. God has been working on me with remembering that He is my first love and that He will never leave me. AND, He loves my dear husband, Dean, and He will never leave Him either. It's comforting to know that although Dean is so far away, that we are both with our Lord and Savior at the same time. Sounds crazy.....maybe. But God's Word confirms it.

I love Jesus, and I thank Him for giving me the desire for my husband. I can't wait to see Dean tomorrow!!

No comments: