Friday, October 28, 2016

I'm Putting Up My Shield of Faith

Some days I feel like this world is just so broken that I want to stand on the top of my roof and just yell "COME LORD JESUS!!" There are friends - precious, sweet, godly friends - that are fighting cancer and that honestly ticks me off most days. There are decisions made and words spoken by politicians that make me think of things like updating my passport in case I need to quickly flee our precious country. I see teenagers being forgotten by their families because of technology becoming more important than conversations around dinner tables. I can so easily get distracted by the hurts and busyness of this world that I forget about my faith.

I am reminded today that my faith is not in this world. My faith is in Jesus Christ, the Creator of this world. And while this world contains so many harsh realities, this is a temporary world that has already been overcome by Jesus. As Christians, we are victorious over this broken world simply by believing in Jesus Christ. We have won the victory, not we will win the victory. Faith isn't just a part of my religion - it's the whole enchilada.

Hebrews 11:1 says, "Faith is the confidence that what we hope for will actually happen." Faith is acting like God is telling the truth.  We are to be so confident in our Savior that we put our faith into action in this broken world by believing what His Word has spoken to us. We need to know that we can do all things through Christ because that's what His Word says. We need to know that death does not have its grip on us because the Bible says that Christ has kicked death in the behind. And, we need to remember that God is in control, not the politicians of this world. 

Faith isn't based on a feeling. It's based on the truth of God's Word. Today I'm going to choose faith over frustrations. I don't know what tomorrow holds, but, oh, do I know Who holds tomorrow. 

Jesus - thank you for allowing us to be saved by faith through Your amazing grace. I believe inYou. You are trustworthy. I place my future and the future of those I love in Your hands. In Jesus' Name ~ AMEN.

For a deeper study read and journal/discuss your thoughts on the following scriptures:
  • Ephesians 6: 10 - 15
  • Colossians 2: 13 - 15
  • Hebrews 11
  • Luke 17: 5-6
  • Psalm 28:7


No comments: