Friday, October 21, 2016

A Real Good Pair of Shoes

A good pair of shoes will change your life. I say that with the wisdom I have gained after many years of living. After 45 years of walking and wearing shoes, I consider myself an expert in regards to shoes and foot comfort. Yes, that's right. I said EXPERT. I know what a good pair of shoes will do for your life. I've suffered through plantar fasciitis and felt like I would lose my life through the ordeal. I've purchased the cheap high heels and wanted to chop off my feet at the end of the day after wearing them. Pain from wearing no shoes or the wrong shoes will make you cry. But a good pair of shoes, ones that were made properly to support your foot, will also change your life. Good shoes will protect not only your feet but also your back and knees. I know from experience. Trust me, I know.

When it comes to dressing in the spiritual world, we should trust God when He says in Ephesians 6,

"For shoes, put on the peace that comes from the Good News so that you will be fully prepared." 

God knows about peace.  He is the Prince of Peace according to Isaiah 9. And, look what the Prince of Peace tells us in John 14:27:

"I am leaving you with gift - peace of mind and heart. And the peace I give is a gift the world cannot give. So don't be troubled or afraid."

Peace is a gift from God. It's part of our inheritance from Him as His children. But as with any gift or inheritance, you have to do your part in accepting the gift. Here's how to accept your gift of peace:

1.  Fix your eyes on God every day.  Isaiah 26:3 tells us, "You will keep in perfect peace all who trust in You, all whose thoughts are fixed on You."
2.  Be obedient to God's Word. Psalm 119:165 says, "Those who love your instructions have great peace and do not stumble."
3.  Work at living in peace with others. Hebrews 12:11 says, "Work at living in peace with everyone, and work at living a holy life, for those who are not living holy will not see the Lord."
4.  Be responsible for your OWN actions.  Romans 12:18 says, "Do all that you can to live at peace with everyone."

What are you doing today to have a peaceful life? Would others see you as a peace-maker or a peace-taker? Let's not walk around with pain because we forgot to put on our shoes of peace. Let's fully prepare ourselves for this world and put on God's peace!

"Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called 
children of God." Matthew 5

Lord, I want to be known as Your child. Help me be a peacemaker. Help me to seek peace in all circumstances and in all relationship so that you will be glorified by my actions. I have fallen short in this area so many times, but I want to live with this gift in my life. Thanks that I can do all things through You. In Jesus' Name ~ AMEN.

For deeper study read Matthew 18:15-19 and journal/discuss God's plan for keeping peace within Christian relationships. Also discuss what these verses say about our unity in Christ.

No comments: