Friday, September 23, 2016

He's Simply A Liar

You don’t see it, but it’s there. There is an entire world around us that we can’t see, and it’s full of evil. Truly, I’m not making this up. Just read Colossians 1: 15-17 and Ephesians 6:12.

Christ is the visible image of the invisible God.

    He existed before anything was created and is supreme over all creation,
16 
for through him God created everything
    in the heavenly realms and on earth.
He made the things we can see
    and the things we can’t see—
such as thrones, kingdoms, rulers, and authorities in the unseen world.
    Everything was created through him and for him.
17 
He existed before anything else,
    and he holds all creation together.

Colossians 1: 15-17

 A final word: Be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power. Put on all of God’s armor so that you will be able to stand firm against all strategies of the devil. For we are not fighting against flesh-and-blood enemies, but against evil rulers and authorities of the unseen world, against mighty powers in this dark world, and against evil spirits in the heavenly places. Ephesians 6: 10-12


God created the heavenly realms and everything we can’t see. Everything was created through Jesus Christ according to God’s Word. And, based on Ephesians 6:12 there’s a battle begin waged against evil rulers in this unseen world.

Doesn’t this sound like something out of a scary movie?!?! The thought of these scriptures makes me want to sleep with my night light on and check under my bed for monsters and evil creatures every night. I believe God’s Word with all my heart, so these verses can FREAK ME OUT if I focused on them. Evil is real. Evil is around us. Evil fights against us. This is true.

But do you know what else is true? Jesus is Supreme and Lord over all. That too is listed in Colossians 1. He is The Creator and everything is held in place by Him. And, while Satan would love for me to dwell on the fact that he is around me waiting to attack, Jesus would rather me dwell on the truth of the matter. The truth of the matter in Colossians 2 has set me free from worrying about the evil that is around me in the unseen world.

You were dead because of your sins and because your sinful nature was not yet cut away. Then God made you alive with Christ, for he forgave all our sins. He canceled the record of the charges against us and took it away by nailing it to the cross. In this way, he disarmed the spiritual rulers and authorities. He shamed them publicly by his victory over them on the cross. 
Colossians 2: 13-15

Jesus not only forgave our sins on The Cross, but he also conquered Satan AND disarmed him. Did you hear that? Satan and his demons have been defeated and they have no weapons. Well, now – that makes a big difference is our battle with the evils ones. Now I know that they have no weapons I don’t have to be afraid. It actually makes me laugh about it. That dumb Satan is trying to beat me with a pretend sword. Bless his heart.

What does Satan have? Lies. He is the father of lies. He throws lies at us to try to get us to live in fear and rejection and defeat. He whispers stuff in our ears like “your husband doesn’t really love you”, or, “you’ll never get out of debt”, or, “you should give up because you’re a loser”. Whatever your weak spot is that makes you crumble, well Satan will lie to you and make you feel like you are a loser. John 10:10 says that Satan has come to steal, kill and destroy so make no doubt about it. He is attacking you. But, also make no doubt about this: he has already been defeated and disarmed. He is simply a lying loser.

When Satan says, “you’ll never conquer this problem”, our response should be, “I can do all things through Christ and I’m more than a conqueror”.

When Satan says, “you’re not as pretty as those other girls”, our response should be, “I’m fearfully and wonderfully made”.

When Satan says, “this illness is going to end in death”, our response should be, “God’s got GREAT plans for me, plans not to harm me but to give me a hope and a future”.

We need to tell Satan to go to hell. The war has been won, and he has nothing but lies to fight battles with us here. There is NO NEED for us to live in defeat here. We’re on the winning team. I’m reminded of a song.

“Victory is mine. Victory is mine.  Vic-to-ry, is mine!!
I told Satan, get thee behind me. Vic-to-ry, is mine!”

Life is sweet when you know you’re on the wining team. We just need to wear our Team Jesus uniform and live our lives in victory as His daughters and sons. If you’re wondering what His team uniform looks like, well check out Ephesians 6:10-19 and find out how you are to dress each day.

Jesus, thank you for winning the war over Satan on The Cross. I am forever grateful to you for your love and sacrifice for me. I’m so thankful that I can live in victory here on earth as I walk with You. In Your precious name I pray ~ AMEN.

For a deeper study read and journal/discuss:
  • ·        Ephesians 6:10-19
  • ·        Colossians 2:13-15


No comments: