Thursday, February 25, 2016

I Own Nothing

I live in a nice house, drive a nice car, and have nice clothes, but I do not own them. I am married to a wonderful Christian man, and I have birthed two precious children, but they are not mine. There are 24 hours in each day for me to live my life, but I tell you my life is not my own. I am able to teach and encourage women, but these skills are not mine. I have so many things, but I own nothing. Why is that you say? Well, because everything I am and everything I have is owned by Adonai - God our Lord and Master.

I've turned over my life to God because quite honestly He owns it all anyway. I've tried to run my life myself and I want you to know I made a mess of things. And, when I was trying to own it all, I not only messed up my life but there was collateral damage. I messed up some things for the lives of those closest to me. I assure you that giving God all you have - your assets, your relationships, your talents and your time is the only way to live!

We can read about Paul's conversion to Christianity in Acts 22.  We see that Paul turned over his very life to God. The amazing part of that for me is that Paul had been a mess! He hated Christians and wanted them gone from the earth, but then he met the resurrected Jesus and gave Him his life. Jesus took the mess and made a miracle. Paul is credited for writing most of the New Testament. From Christian hater to Christian promoter - Paul put his life in God's hands and God used it in a way no one would EVER imagine.

What is it that you need to put in God's hands? What are you trying to manage that you just need to let go of and let God work out the details?  Give God your time and marvel at how God blesses your day.  Give God your precious loved ones and rest knowing God is watching over them. Tell God all that you own - your car, your house and everything in your possession is His - and watch how He uses it for His glory. And, those talents you've been given, give those to Him, too. God will use whatever we put in His hands. Let God blow your hair back with how He can work in your life when you give it ALL to Him.

Lord, thank you that you have given me so very much. Thank you that you love me even when I was messing things up. I love that you have made such amazing things happen in my life. I will forever trust and love you. - In the name of Jesus - Amen.

For a deeper study:

  • Read Acts 22: 1 - 11 to look closely at Paul's conversion.
  • Read and make notes of what God teaches you in Psalm 24:1, Romans 14:9, and 1 Corinthians 6:20.
  • Pray and give God what you need to release to Him.





No comments: