Tuesday, November 17, 2015

Warriors, Rise Up!!!

These are scary days we live in. Unless you've been hiding under a rock then you are aware that terrorism is once again on the front pages of the news. Actually, I'm not sure it's left the front pages in quite some time. The events in Paris this past weekend are horrendous to say the very least. It was confirmation that evil is real and it exists in this broken world. In my humanness I want to gather my family together and live with them in a remote place to stay away from the world. While that thought comes to mind when I look at the news, the next thought that comes to mind is spurred by the Holy Spirit within me. "Do not fear!"

As a Christian, I do NOT have to live in fear. My Daddy made the world and is still in control. Even when things seem discombobulated to me they are not to My Father in Heaven. Think about what Jesus said in Matthew 25: 53-54 to the Disciples that were trying to protect Him after he was betrayed and arrested:

"Don't you realize that I could ask my Father for thousands of angels to protect us, and He would send them instantly? But if I did, how would the Scriptures be fulfilled that describe what must happen now?"

God is in control.  And, He is trustworthy! Now, trust can be hard, but that doesn't mean we shouldn't trust. My trust in God grows each day as I live life. I actually trust God more after walking through some battles in life with Him by my side.

So what do we do as we are sitting around and trusting God? Well, we pray. When my kids are fearful of the unknown I want them to talk to me about it.  Prayer is talking to God. The Bible says we can cast all our fears on God because He cares for us. And, through our conversation with God we can make petitions to Him for our country's leaders. That's called intercessory prayer when you pray on the behalf of someone else. Whether you agree with our leaders right now or not, you can agree with me that all of our leaders need prayer!

I recently saw the movie "War Room". If you haven't seen it I strongly suggest you do. It was a great reminder of the power of prayer. We need a mighty army of prayer warriors to rise up in our country. We need to pray for each other and for our leaders. Oh, and we should definitely be praying for our military! 


  • How's your prayer life?
  • What keeps you from praying?
  • How can you remind yourself to pray?


Lord, I pray that a mighty army of prayer warriors would rise up in our country for Your glory. To You be all the glory and honor and praise. Trusting You fully ~ Amen.

For a deeper study read and highlight the following verses. Discuss or journal what God teaches you through these verses:

  • Isaiah 65:24
  • Philippians 4:6
  • Ephesians 6: 10-20


No comments: