Tuesday, November 3, 2015

Don't Give Up

I'm so glad my parents didn't give up on me. There were days I'm sure they wanted to throw in the towel and give up on trying to help me live a good life, but they didn't. 

I'm so glad my mentor hasn't given up on me. I know I've driven her crazy a time or two, or three, or four thousand, but that sweet woman puts up with me and loves me in spite of me.

I'm most certain that Jesus has not and will not give up on me. He's seen me at my worst and died for me even though I'm a sinner. That's a concept that I still struggle getting my head around, but yet I'm so thankful for his unconditional love.

Is there someone you are thinking you want to throw in the towel on? Is there someone you've been trying to reach for Christ and you feel like you're just losing the battle? DON'T GIVE UP! Hang in there. Fight back with love and grace. Here's some scriptures to encourage you:

Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time
we will reap a harvest if we do not give up. Galatians 6:9

Blessed is the man who perseveres under trial, because when he has stood the test, he will receive the crown of life that God has promised to those who love him. 
James 1:12

Put on the full armor of God so that you can take your stand against
 the devil's schemes. Ephesians 6:11

Jesus - we're all imperfect, broken humans with hurts, habits and hangups, but You love us anyway. Thank you. Help us to love others the way you love us, and help us not to give up the fight for good. In your precious name we pray, Amen.

For a deeper study:


  • Read the following verses and journal or discuss what God teaches you through these verses:  Romans 10:9-15, Philippians 4:13, Romans 8:28, and James 1:2-4.

  

No comments: