Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Are You Listening?

Are you a good listener?  Do you listen - really listen - when others are talking to you? Do you listen - really listen - when God is speaking to you.  Listening is hard for me. It means I have to focus on what is being said rather than what I will say next, and I typically have a lot to say. Listening means I have to be still and honestly I would rather not be still. But, listening is important. Just look at some of these verses from the Bible on listening:

Spouting off before listening to the facts is both shameful and foolish. Proverbs 18:13


If you stop listening to instruction, my child, you will turn your back on knowledge. Proverbs 19:27


To those who listen to my teaching, more understanding will be given, and they will have an abundance of knowledge. But for those who are not listening, even what little understanding they have will be taken away from them. Matthew 13:12


Clearly listening is important to God.


  • What can you do to be a better listener to others?
  • What can you do to be a better listener to God?
  • What ways do you hear God speaking to you?


Lord, forgive me when I have not listened well.  I want to be a good listener to others, but especially to You! - In Jesus' precious name. - Amen

Want to think about listening more?  Look up LISTEN or LISTENING in your Bible concordance and read the verses that God takes you to.  You'll have to listen to His direction on which ones to read. (-:

No comments: