Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Putting My Hand Over My Mouth

I have a sign on my desk that reads, "Dear God, Please put your arm around my shoulder and your hand over my mouth."  If you know me you know why.  If you don't know me then you need to know I have the gift of gab. It truly is a gift because I have no problem with making new friends and telling people about Jesus.  But sometimes this "gabber" gabs too much. 

The Bible tells us clearly that controlling our tongue is hard.  Just read James 3. The Bible also says that our words have the power of life and death. That is stated in Proverbs 18:21. Words are important.  Controlling our words is even more important.  But, I remember reading in the Bible that we can do all things through Christ. 

  • Do you have trouble controlling your words?
  • What words have you spoken to your family this week - words of life or death? Your friends? Your coworkers?

Lord, Please put your arm around my shoulder and your hand over my mouth. In Jesus' Name - Amen.

For a deeper study look up the following verses and think about what God is saying to you in each verse:
  • Proverbs 15:4, 21:23, 15:1, 12:18, 10:19, 52:2, 18:21
  • Psalm 19:14
  • James 3:2-10


No comments: