Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Moving Past Our Devastation

I have to admit I was a little sad that Priscilla was not teaching this week's video session because I enjoyed hearing her so much. However, good ole Beth Moore sure preached a good session this week. Don't you just love to see how God anoints women to preach the Word to other women. I do. Our God is so good and I love Him so. Here are the notes from this week's session:

1. We can have a good idea that's not a God idea. See 2 Samuel 7 and Luke 2:4. David was overwhelmed by the goodness God had given him and his family. And when God referred to the house He would build for David, He was referring to the lineage of David and Jesus!
2. This far moments with God. Satan didn't get what he wanted out of us because we're in bible study searching for more of God. Also, God's calling on your life will always be beyond you so you can allow God to work through you. Do not obey fear.
3. There's a big difference between relief and release.
4. God has come to absolutely mark our lives with His glory. He's come to take us this far....so far it has to be God!
5. God is not just interested in adjusting our lives. He wants us transformed.
6. I don't want a tweak. I want a transformation.....A full fledged so far transformation. Deliverance! We need to let go and let God change us. We could affect 1000 generations for the Glory of God. Let's not be sissies, but yet let's claim our family lines for Christ. PRAY scripture over your family!
7. What will it take to get there? Give your heart to God. Move past the devastation.
8. We've got to move past our devastation with God. 2 Samuel 6:1-10 talks about a hard time for David. He was angry (vs8) and he was afraid (v9). But he got past it. What if he wouldn't have gotten past the devastation? What if we don't get past our devastations? Move on with God!

I love this. Walking with the Lord is the only way to go for me. I need Him so much. I want to get past all the devatations in my life and get on with bringing God the glory.

Love ya'll. Hope you do your homework!

Stephanie

No comments: