Monday, November 17, 2008

Dean, The Marathon Runner!!






I'm so proud of my husband! He ran his first marathon yesterday. The picture to the left is him right past the 14 mile marker. The above pictures are him about to cross the finish line. Wow! I'm amazed by his acomplishment! 26.2 miles of running. I can't even drive in my car for that long without getting sleeping. HA! He was one of 30,000 participants in yesterday's Rock N Roll Marathon here in San Antonio. He finished in 5 hours and 10 minutes. Good job Dean! You are awesome.
Of course, we owe a big THANKS and PRAISE to our Lord, Jesus Christ! He was with Dean the whole way and I know Dean relied on Him. We've been wearing a bracelet for many weeks now reminding us of 2 Timothy 4:7. "I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith."
You did it Dean! You fought a good fight. You finished the race. You have kept the faith. Your family is truly proud of you!

1 comment:

Jenn said...

Woo Hoo!!!

How AWESOME!!! Congrats to Dean for such an incredible accomplishment. I'm so proud of you Dean!!

Blessings,
Jenn