Thursday, May 10, 2012

Living It

Today I went for a walk.  Although it's supposed to be raining most of the next two day, this morning was cool and beautiful.  As I walked I listened to praise music.  I sang along in parts, and prayed through others.  It was such a sweet time alone with the Lord.  And, it took my mind off the fact that I was exercising!  HA!

I've been thinking about worship a lot lately.  I don't sing very well, so when I worship with songs it is typically when I'm all alone (my shower and car work best for that!).  But is singing songs the only way to worship?  I was thinking about the best ways to worship God after my walk, and I came across this verse:

Romans 12:1  "And so, dear brothers and sisters, I plead with you to give your bodies to God because of all he has done for you. Let them be a living and holy sacrifice—the kind he will find acceptable. This is truly the way to worship him."

A "living" sacrifice?  That sounds weird!  I mean, in the Old Testament an animal was sacrificed.....killed and cut into pieces......and placed on the alter before God to pay the debt for our sin.  So when I think of the word sacrifice, I think of death.  But John 3:16 reminds us that God sent His Son to pay for our sins.  So for us, the sacrifice has been made. Then why in the world do we need to be a living sacrifice?  Well, as Romans 12:1 says, because of all He's done for us.   It's not because we have to but because we WANT to.  It is out of gratefulness that we live a life sacrificially unto the Lord.

If I chose to live sacrificially unto the Lord, then my speech just might change.

If I chose to live sacrificially unto the Lord, then my actions just might change.

If I chose to live sacrificially unto the Lord, then my attitude just might change.

If I chose to live sacrificially unto the Lord, then my plans for each day and how I spend my time just might change.

If I chose to live sacrificially unto the Lord, then my relationships just might change.

If I chose to live sacrificially unto the Lord, then I will be worshiping all the time.  And as Romans 12:1 says, that is truly the only way to worship!

Lord, forgive me for when I have not lived a life pleasing to you.  It is with all my heart that I want to bring glory and honor to Your Name and Your Name only!  You died for me so the very least I can do is to live for You.  I pray you will help me through your Holy Spirit to live a life of WORSHIP and not just worship every now and then!  In the precious name of Jesus ~ Amen

No comments: