Saturday, April 16, 2011

God Rested and So Should You!

I stay busy. There's always laundry. My kids think they have to change clothes every day! (-: AND, there's always dishes and cooking to do. My kids like to eat at least 3 times a day. Isn't that crazy?!?!? (-: And then there's my business I have to attend to. And let's not forget my precious husband that needs my time, and the kid's homework and school project, and ministry stuff, and my friends, and my extended family, and...well...and now I'm tired. Just thinking about how many irons in the fire we women have wears me out! YIKES! We have a LOT going on. ~~~ Most women I talk to say they find it hard to rest on a regular basis. AND, they also tell me they feel guilty when they take time for themselves to rest. Why is that? Why is it that we would feel guilty? I don't think that feeling of guilt is coming from the Lord. As a matter of fact, I know it's not! ~~~ There are many references to Jesus going away to recharge in the Bible, and HE WAS DEITY here on earth!. Mark 1:35 and Luke 4:42 are examples of this. But we can go back to the beginning to time and find even better examples of rest. In Genesis 2:2 we see that God rested after creating the world we live in. And not only that, In Exodus 20: 8-11 we see that God COMMANDED us to take a day of rest each week. ~~~ Did you get that? He COMMANDED us to rest? Yep. It's right there in the Bible. It's actually part of the Big 10 commandments! You are to rest, and it's part of obeying God. ~~~ So, how do you feel about resting now? I don't know about you, but I'm a little bit ticked off that Satan has made me feel bad about resting for so many years! I'm going to have some Holy nap time this week my friends! ~~~ And you know, I've found there are different types of resting. My sweet husband likes to work in the yard or ride his bike. I have friends that would prefer to spend their rest time reading a good book. I have other friends that would say their rest time is watching a good movie. As for me, I like to spend my rest time on the couch in and out of consciousness, opening my eyes every now and then to make sure the kids are still alive. (-: There's nothing like having your feet elevated for a while if you ask me!! ~~~ You know what happens when we rest and recharge ourselves? Well, it's my opinion we become more effective for Christ. Our words become blessings to others when we are well rested. Our thoughts are better when we are well rested. Our actions are pleasant when we are well rested. And, we have more joy when we are well rest. Now I understand why Satan doesn't want me to rest! ~~~ Lord, help me to remember your commandment to have a day of rest! I commit to resting once a week just as you asked me to do! ~ Amen

1 comment: