Friday, March 11, 2011

Encourage Your Sister!

We are so blessed to be able to go to church in the United States. We have the freedom to worship God whenever and where ever we want. I love that about our country. Yet, so many Christians don't attend church.

God like communities of Believers joining together. God wants us to meet together regularly. His Word talks about community. His Word refers to Christians meeting together to worship, pray and celebrate together. If God is pro-church, then we should be too!

I love having a Bible study I meet with each week. I learn so much for these ladies. Sometimes I learn parenting skills and not a specific Bible lesson, but it's still great information! Sometimes I get the opportunity to encourage a sister that is down, and sometimes I get to be encouraged. Honestly, I'm not sure how life would be unless I had a great community of Believers around me!!

God has blessed us all with gifts, and not one gift is better than the other. All the gifts work together and all play an important role in supporting each other and bringing glory to God. But sometimes we as Christians compete with each other. We either try to be something that we are not, or we try to show that our gift is better than someone else's gift. And sometimes, we even judge other Christians that aren't as spiritually mature as us or have the same gifts as we have. And while we are focusing on that silliness, we lose sight of the non-Christians watching us. I think Satan loves to have us devouring each other instead of encouraging each other.

I'm going to make it a point to use my words for encouraging my brothers and sisters in Christ. I'm going to make it a point to pray for my brothers and sisters in Christ. Will you join in with me?

Lord, help me to be a good sister. Please show me ways to encourage the others Believers around me. Help me to show grace and mercy as you have shown me grace and mercy. ~ Amen

Check out Romans 14, Galatians 5:13-15 and Luke 9:46-48 if you have time to see some of the scriptures I've been reading.

No comments: