Friday, January 21, 2011

The Words of a Friend

Proverbs 18:21 "The tongue has the power of life and death.."

My friend, Jennifer, called me. She didn't really say anything important. She didn't really have anything to tell me. She just called me to say hello and to check on me. She knows I've been sick. Her call was good medicine for me. I needed to hear from a friend, and God prompted her to call me. I'm so glad she listened to Him.

You see, I've been sick for about 5 weeks now. I'm getting better, but it's been a tough road. I guess I'm getting all my sick days in the first of the year so the rest of 2011 will be free from illness! At least that's what I'm claiming. While I've been sick, Satan has been attacking me. He's been feeding me bad thoughts. He been telling me how dim my future looks. Now, you know that's not God. God's Word says He has GREAT plans for us....plans not to harm us, but for hope and a future. (Jeremiah 29:11) So, I know it was the enemy trying to steal my joy. He's been doing a good job of robbing that joy, and might be succeeding if it weren't for my friends and family. They've been God's voice to me.

Have you ever had friends encourage you? Maybe someone has sent you a text at just the right moment. Maybe someone has called you just to pray with you. Maybe you've gotten an email that said, "How are you and how can I help you?".

Or, have you ever encouraged someone through your words? Who can you show the love of Jesus to during their hard times?

Jesus, thank you for Jennifer, Judy, Martha, Mom, Mimi, Dean, Amy, Michelle, Betty, Julie, Manthie, Wyn, Scotty, Leanna, Nate and all of the others that have prayed for me and encouraged me this week. I am so thankful for my family, both my biological family and my family in Christ. I hear your voice through them and I'm listening!

No comments: