Thursday, July 1, 2010

God Bless America!!

"We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty, and the pursuit of Happiness." Written in Congress, July 4, 1776

I love this quote from the Declaration of Independence. It says so much about how we as Americans got our start and what our forefathers wanted for Americans. One thing that stands out to me is the reference to the "Creator". No one can deny that our country was founded by Believers and that freedom of religion was important to them. I love this about my country. We are so blessed to live in the United States of America, even with the trials our economy and government are going through.

This weekend we'll celebrate America's birthday in the traditional American way....barbecue (and it's oh so good in Texas!), fellowship with friends and family, homemade ice cream, flags flying, fireworks (if the weather is ok), and prayers for our country and military. You should join me in praying for our country and military this weekend too! I mean, you have the freedom to pray whenever you want. (-:

God Bless America, land that I love!
Stand beside her, and guide her,
thru the night with a light from above!

No comments: