Monday, June 20, 2016

What kind of HOPE do you have?

Hope will last forever according to the Bible. (1 Corinthians 13:13) But, I don't think worldly hope will last forever. Godly hope, the hope that the Bible speaks of, now that will last forever! 

Hope according to a worldly perspective is to wish for something without certainty of fulfillment. Godly hope is a strong and confident expectation. I am confident in Jesus and my salvation in Him. I'm not wishing for something without certainty. No way! I'm confident in Jesus.

Godly hope has great results. It changes how we see ourselves. It changes what we value. It even effects how we live our lives. Before I had placed my hope in Jesus, my life was honestly a mess most days. I saw myself and others through a worldly perspective. I wasn't tall enough or rich enough or thin enough. And my friends, well, they were in the same boat. Today I have a godly hope and I see things differently. I see myself as a Daughter of the King of Kings. I see others with compassion. The world just looks different and has different results when you have godly hope!

Godly hope has rewards! According to the book of Romans we have joy and peace as we place our hope in Jesus. (Romans 15:12, 5:2) The Book of Psalms tells us we are protected because of our hope in our God. (Psalm 33:18) And if that wasn't enough, our godly hope gives us strength, boldness, courage, and confidence even in the face of death! (Psalm 31:24, 1 Thess. 4:13, 1 Timothy 4:10)

Do you know the God of Hope? I sure hope so. (-: His name is Jesus, and without Him we truly have no hope. But, with Him we have unlimited, eternal hope.

Jesus, my hope is built on You and You alone. Help me to be a hope in this broken world so that others may see you and know the God of Hope! - In Jesus' name ~ AMEN.

For a deeper study:

  • Look up verses regarding HOPE in your Bible and journal/discuss what God speaks to you.
  • Journal/Discuss some of the ways God has given you HOPE in your life.


No comments: